Google Analytics Tracking Code

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Here we go!

Ok peeps this is the beginning! And when I say peeps I'm not technically talking to anyone cause no one even knows this lil spot exists. Not crazy! Promise! Anyway, I'm super excited to be starting my creative spot, to start documenting my creating journey from successes to failures in decorating, cooking, fashion, crafting and everything in between. I am brand new to the creative crafting blogging world and found Mandi from Vintage Revivals when she was on The Nate Show and from there found Brooke from All Things Thrifty. These two ladies have inspired me and have really given me a much needed kick in the rear to get things going with decorating my house and to not be afraid of the things I really want to do. I've always been a do it yourself kind of girl and I love and have to be thrifty. I love color and love when there is a big statement in whatever you're doing, but I needed some inspiration to really get me going. I also can't forget to mention my friend Lindsay from Southern Lovely that saw my furniture projects on my family blog and gave me encouragement to start my own creative spot/blog. Just as I'm writing this post I starting thinking back on recent events and friendships that have brought me to this point of having the courage to be bold and put myself out there and to bring the color in. My family and I moved into our home about 2 years ago and everything has pretty much stayed bare or has been filled up with miscellaneous decor from our previous home.  We've also been going through some very hard financial times from 3 layoffs in 2 years and haven't been able to spend money on new furniture to fit our new space or the fancy things that I fall in love with and that includes everything from fashion to decorating and everything else. I love bright bold colors and to do things that my husband would say are "different." My husband on the other hand likes things plain and what I call "matchy matchy" (is that even a word), but when it came time to decorate my now 3 year old daughters room I just did what I really wanted to do. It's bright and colorful and I LOVE IT! It is still (a year and a half later) a work in progress because as you'll come to realize I'm a multi tasker and a perfectionist and for the most part do multiple projects at once and sometimes I have to wait for the perfect piece of furniture or decor for the right price. Drives my husband crazy, but I have so much going on in my brain I just have to start getting it out! I'll post pics and details of my daughters room in a separate post. I had done a few furniture re dos (you know when crackling was huge...I had no idea what I was doing, but I redid our awful oak dresser and we had it until just a few months ago...8 years), but I think my daughters room really was the starting point. Then I met my amazingly beautiful friend Jodi that is a fashion diva! I would love love love to have her wardrobe! So of course being around her made me want to have those looks to, but we all know that I can't go out and buy anything so I have to work with what I have. I'm loving the idea of making the old new by revamping and giving it new life by using it in a different way. I'm starting to do this with my clothing and I'll be honest I'm having trouble and would love help, but once in awhile an outfit comes together that I really love. Next, I have found inspiration from the fabulous children's books Fancy Nancy. I absolutely love this little girls outgoing daring way of using accessories and items in unexpected ways like Christmas ornaments as earrings and bows tied around her ankles and making everything fancy! And I love that she's not afraid to be herself and tells it how it really is. I want that for me and to be someone my girls can look up to. This is me taking a step in the direction of pursuing something that I love doing. This is a learning journey. I have no idea where to go from here, but I'm having fun so far! I hope you enjoy your time here and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the follow. Your blog looks so fun! BTW, I adore Fancy Nancy`s style as well. I`m completely inspired by her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...