Google Analytics Tracking Code

Friday, June 17, 2011

Nursery...Painting

So my baby is not such a baby anymore...she just turned one. And yes I'm still working on decorating her room. Why you ask? Because I had a huge flop when it came to painting her room. When choosing a color for her room before she was born I really wanted to do something really girly. My hubby on the other hand wanted to do a neutral color that would go for a boy or girl (can you tell that he really wants a boy next). He talked me into a fun bright green only it looked horrible with our nursery furniture. I got the entire room painted green, moved the furniture in and I hated it. I wanted so bad to like it and fully decorated it two different times in hopes that I would like it. It didn't work. So after a year of living with the horrible green that I absolutely hated I got the energy to paint it again. I decided to do a tan on the bottom half and purple on the top with a rail all the way around the room. This way if we do have a boy next I'll only have to paint the top. I absolutely love how it turned out and no longer cringe when I go into the room. Don't mind the empty walls...it's still a work in progress and I haven't quite decide what I'm going to do with the rest of it. Enjoy!

*Check back for my painting techniques and tidbits. Within the next week I'll be starting my master bedroom and will take pictures as I go so it's easier to explain.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...