Google Analytics Tracking Code

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Hello everyone! Happy 4th of July! What a wonderful day to celebrate the freedoms that we have in this country! I feel so blessed to live in this day and age and to have such amazing people that serve our country and give themselves so that we have our freedom. Thank you to all those that have served or are still serving! And a big thank you to their families for being loving and supportive and giving your family members to fight for all of us. 


It was a busy week last week and this week will be the same! In our church I get to serve in the Young Women program and I taught our lesson yesterday and was busy preparing it last week and we leave Wednesday morning for girls camp so I'll be out for the rest of the week. My lesson was based on the talk Your Happily Ever After by Dieter F. Uchtdorf Second Counselor in the First Presidency. If you'd like to read it or learn more click here, visit http://lds.org/?lang=eng or email me with any questions. I always like to give the girls a little something to remind them of the lesson and it was about the only crafty thing that I did last week so I'll share it with all of you. I am so lucky to live just down the street from the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and I get to enjoy it's beauty every time I look out the window or go outside. Through the blessings of the temple our families can be together for eternity. I took this picture of the temple and edited it and added the text using paint.net. If you don't have photo shop, but would love to edit pictures you can download paint.net for FREE and it does all the fancy editing techniques that photo shop does. I gave everyone a copy of this picture with a tag that read, "You are truly royal spirit daughters of Almighty God. You are princesses, destined to become queens. Your own wondrous story has already begun. Your "once upon a time" is now." ~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Enjoy!



1 comment:

Jennica said...

That talk is one of my all time favorite talks. I love it! I miss being in young womens. Have so much fun at girls camp.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...